SQL Launch Pad services are executing but getting an error as SQL Server was unable to communicate with the LaunchPad service for request RRS feed

• Question

• hi 

i have installed SQL 2019 standard edition , in which i am trying to execute the pyton qyery 

EXECUTE sp_execute_external_script @language = N'Python'
        , @script = N'
    a = 1
    b = 2
    c = a/b
    d = a*b
    print(c, d)
    '

end up with the below error . 

Msg 39011, Level 16, State 7, Line 0
    SQL Server was unable to communicate with the LaunchPad service for request id: BA864796-B78F-4E6D-9227-C43A5BB7F609. Please verify the configuration of the service.

Have checked SQL Launch pad services are up and running , but still i am getting this error , can you please help me to resolve . 

hemadri

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1. Make sure that the service "SQL Server LaunchPad" is running

2. If it is running and still not working then confirm the account which run it is virtual account (NT Service\MSSQLLaunchpad)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

• Proposed as answer by Lily Lii Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:05 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 2:17 AM
  • you need check serivces.

Administrative Tools -> Services
    and find "SQL Server LaunchPad (MSSQLSERVER)"

right-click it and select "Start" .Make sure that startup type should automatic.

Kindly see event viewer to troubleshoot same.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

• Proposed as answer by Lily Lii Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:05 AM
    Wednesday, June 3, 2020 5:52 AM
  • Hi hemadri,

You could kindly check if SQL Server LaunchPad is running in Services, and the service account of the LaunchPad service needs to be a local admin, check if the service account is member of the local Administrators group.

Best Regards,

Lily

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2020 6:21 AM