locked
xmlHttp call does not work in IE11 (Cross Doamin Issue?)

    Question

  • Hello Experts,

    We are developing a Windows Store Apps using Apache Cordova. In this application, we are making some web service calls to another Cloud CRM system using XMLHttpRequest. It works fine when we test it in Android, but the same results in error when we run it in Windows 8.1. The call is successfully made via send() method, but the response has no data (ended in error, but no clear and helpful error message). It seems to be some problems with the request made across domain. Can you please help us in resolving this issue? Thanks a lot in advance for your time and support.


    Monday, January 5, 2015 12:15 PM

All replies

  • Do you have control of the Cloud CRM system? The server may need to be configured to allow CORS for Windows 8.1.

    Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

    NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

    Monday, January 5, 2015 2:40 PM
    Moderator
  • Hello Mr. Matt,

    Thanks for your prompt response.

    The CRM system is actually a SAP C4C system and this domain is already white-listed, so it works fine for Android and iOS, but not for Windows version of app.

    Can you please advise if it is enough to have the domain white-listed or do we need make any further configuration in client side (probably some IE settings) or in service as you have suggested.

    Thanks a lot in advance. 

    Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:47 AM