My website disappeared after end of free trial RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, I had a free subscription for azure and  I had one website that has now disappeared and I don't understand why since I was told that the website would still be available even after the subscription expired, and I was told that more than once (there is no paid for item in this website) http://web-dev.azurewebsites.net/Home.aspx. Why is that?
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

If the free trail is expired, your service will be stopped and your data will be stored 3 months unless you reactivated it or became the paid users .

The website url will be existing with azure, you can re-use the website url if you go for  Pay-as-you-go. If you are going to buy another azure subscription with different live id then the website url ( used alredy ) has to be released from the system.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:17 PM
  • Well, that's not what I was told, in fact they told me that "free meant free" and that I could keep my site. Anyway, how does the pay as you go work? I checked your link, but it doesn't say how much they will charge me, it only says "Purchase".

1)How much will you bill me,

2)for how long

3) can I stop the service if I want to

4)will my website come back as soon as I pay?

thanks

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:26 PM
  • Hi,

Free trial is only for 30 days and website deployed will be available for Free unless the usage limit( $210 ) to spend on all Azure services is exceeded. If it is expired, then you might have to go for Pay-as-you-go

Once you buy the azure subscription, the Azure Websites service is still available in Free, Shared, Basic and Standard editions. The Free tier allows you to host up to 10 Websites in a shared environment. Basic and Standard tiers run your web apps in private Virtual Machines which are dedicated to your apps. You can host multiple websites/domains in each Basic and Standard instance you deploy.

How much you will be billed will purely depend on type of website tier ( Free / shared / basic / standard ) you choose for the website.

Estimate your expected monthly bill using our Pricing Calculator, and track your actual account usage and bill at any time using the billing portal. Setup automatic email billing alerts to be notified if your spend goes above an amount you configure.

see Pricing calculator for websites here.

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:41 PM
  • I had a look at the price calculator, but I have no idea how much bandwidth I will be using. I will go for the free tier as my website is only for testing purposes, so not many people will have the URL, any idea?

Can I stop the service any time I want? ANd will the website come back as soon as I make the purchase? 

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:07 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, You can stop the service any time you wish to. Once your subscription becomes active after the purchase and if you have the website running in your subscription then the website should be available.

You may contact billing team by creating a service request for details on billing and usage  via this link

Regards,

Shirisha Paderu

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:22 PM
  • OK I just bought the subscription. As the site won't be looked at by that many people I selected 2GB of bandwidth, but I don't understand, it seems to still be free?! Also, and more importantly, who do I contact if my site doesn't come back?

Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:49 PM
  • Hi,

For pricing and account issues, please try to contact with azure support, here is an article that show the detailed information about how the azure support work and how to receive help, here is the link: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mast/archive/2013/10/15/windows-azure-support-how-it-works-and-how-to-receive-help.aspx

Best Regards,

Jambor 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 9, 2015 6:27 AM