none
Macros Not Working - Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to make it clear to all, and would very much appreciate that way to fix it right away:

I have a set of macros that work perfectly, and I have set them up where they are listed on the Quick Access Toolbar of all Contacts, and when I open up a contact, I can click on one of the macros on the Quick Access Toolbar and it works.

Each macro bascially opens up a combobox based on a userform connected to a module. The combo box shows a list of email templates, I identify one of the areas in the list, and then when I click on the command button next to the combobox, it automatially creates an email based on the template and adds the email address of the specific contact I opened to the To Bar of the email.

The problem is as follows:

In creating a calendar event, you can insert a shortcut to a contact, so you can open up that contact in your system for whatever reason.

And when I click on the shortcut to the contact in the calendar, it opens up the exact contact I refere to, but when I then click on the macro put on the Quick Access Toolbar, it will not run the macro that opens up a combobox based on a userform connected to a module

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks to all.

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:44 PM

All replies

• I can't repro this.  Are you sure your code is firing - try putting a breakpoint on the first line.

Eric Legault MVP (Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:18 PM
  • thank you...

please tell me what a breakpoint is......and how I set it up....then I will click the button and see what happens and then I can post what happens../.

thank you very very much

Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:52 PM