Unpublish App = Lost ratings & comments? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi if i unpublish my app I lost any comments and ratings? I need to close app for some days to maintenance the provider servers.

Tnx in advance!

Thursday, November 15, 2012 6:15 PM

Answers

• If you want to maintain the existing users, ratings, rankings, and reviews then we suggest hiding your app while working on the update.  If you completely un-publish it then re-publish it, it would be treated as a new app and all previous records would not transfer.  After you finish working on your update then you can submit it (as an update) to your app.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Friday, November 16, 2012 9:19 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 9:19 PM

All replies

• If you want to maintain the existing users, ratings, rankings, and reviews then we suggest hiding your app while working on the update.  If you completely un-publish it then re-publish it, it would be treated as a new app and all previous records would not transfer.  After you finish working on your update then you can submit it (as an update) to your app.

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Friday, November 16, 2012 9:19 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 9:19 PM
  • Hello, I would like to ask if there is a similar option for add-ins as in the draft edition there is no option in pricing or distrbution restriction to simply hide an add-in from the store.
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 8:35 AM