Displaying logs RRS feed

• Question

• User-1104215994 posted

Hello,

I wonder if there is a tool which can display logs where user can easily search, sort <g class="gr_ gr_97 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="97" data-gr-id="97">etc</g> and free :)

Best Regards.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:07 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted

I wonder if there is a tool which can display logs where user can easily search, sort etc and free :)

What logs are you talking about?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 1:50 PM
  • User-1104215994 posted

I am using <g class="gr_ gr_9 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="9" data-gr-id="9">Nlog</g> and log <g class="gr_ gr_25 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="25" data-gr-id="25">into</g> file and database table. If there is a tool that I can send my logs and display, search, sort, etc. them.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:10 PM
  • User475983607 posted

cenk1536

I am using Nlog and log into file and database table. If there is a tool that I can send my logs and display, search, sort, etc. them.

Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve rather than making us guess?  At this point it seems you need help reading a database table and designing a basic reporting page.  but, you have many previous posts where you execute queries without issue?  Can you, at the very least, show us the code you've tried and explain what issues you are facing?

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:14 PM
  • User-1104215994 posted

I need some kind of UI to display error logs, request and response logs. When the application is in production, someone has to look at the logs without logon to <g class="gr_ gr_234 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="234" data-gr-id="234">database</g>.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:22 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I need some kind of UI to display error logs, request and response logs. When the application is in production, someone has to look at the logs without logon to database.

Are you asking for quotes from the community to build this?  You'll need to provide a bit more information like log file layout and table schema at the very least.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:31 PM
  • User-1104215994 posted

I am not talking about building, just wonder if you guys are using some sort of tools in your projects like <g class="gr_ gr_74 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="74" data-gr-id="74">logstash</g>, kanban <g class="gr_ gr_87 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="87" data-gr-id="87">etc</g>. Looking for <g class="gr_ gr_104 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins replaceWithoutSep" id="104" data-gr-id="104">free</g> tool.

Thursday, September 5, 2019 2:37 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I am not talking about building, just wonder if you guys are using some sort of tools in your projects like logstash, kanban etc. Looking for free tool.

Does logstach fit your currently unknown log file layout?  Perhaps try reading the documentation to see if the tools meet your expectations.   As far as I know kanban is a project management tool.

Your question is like asking, "How long is the string?". 

Thursday, September 5, 2019 3:15 PM
  • User-1104215994 posted

My mistake, I would be <g class="gr_ gr_15 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling" id="15" data-gr-id="15">kibana</g>. Anyways why you make it harder all the time :)

Thursday, September 5, 2019 4:25 PM
  • User475983607 posted

I have no idea what you are looking for.... perhaps Application Insights.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/app/app-insights-overview

Thursday, September 5, 2019 5:02 PM
  • User-474980206 posted
    Try the nlog page for suggestions.

https://github.com/NLog/NLog/wiki/Tools
    Friday, September 6, 2019 1:53 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi cenk1536,

I need some kind of UI to display error logs, request and response logs. When the application is in production, someone has to look at the logs without logon to database.

You mentioned you are using Nlog to generate and save log into file and database table, would you like to display logs on some UI/portal both from file and database table?

With Regards,

Fei Han

Friday, September 6, 2019 2:49 AM
  • User-1104215994 posted

If it is possible yes, both of them.

Friday, September 6, 2019 5:47 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi cenk1536,

If it is possible yes, both of them.

You may need to customize and build the UI/portal by yourself, and implement a API for getting logs from file and database table which could be consumed by your logs portal system and other log monitor applications.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Monday, September 9, 2019 1:30 AM