none
Can I set the width of the Task Pane for word app? RRS feed

• Question

• I am creating a word app(Apps for Office, a webpage based addin using Office.js). It is a task pane sitting on the right side of the word application.

Wondering if it is possible to set the width of it so that when a word document opened with the addin on the right, the width is set to my custom width, not the default width(too narrow for this app)?

I know the user can manually re-size the window. But this is not enough for us to give them a good user experience.

Thanks in advance for any help you are able to provide.

Andy

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 12:57 AM

Answers

• Hi Andy,

Based on my understanding, the Office.js API is used to interopt with the data in the Office application. The task pane which host the app belongs the Office application. We are not able to customize the width of the task pane at present.

If you want to Office add-ins to support this feature, you can try to contact the Office Developer Platform Team from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

In addition, you may also be intrested in the best pratice when developing Office add-in. You can refer it from link below:
    Best practices for developing Office Add-ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Andy,

Based on my understanding, the Office.js API is used to interopt with the data in the Office application. The task pane which host the app belongs the Office application. We are not able to customize the width of the task pane at present.

If you want to Office add-ins to support this feature, you can try to contact the Office Developer Platform Team from link below:
    Customer Feedback for the Office Developer Platform

In addition, you may also be intrested in the best pratice when developing Office add-in. You can refer it from link below:
    Best practices for developing Office Add-ins

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:14 AM
    Thursday, February 4, 2016 2:52 AM