Test Agent Stops Responding RRS feed

• Question

• We have 8 environments configured and running, all copies of the same template in the library. Each has 3 machines: 2 Web Servers and a DB Server. On a fairly regular basis (i.e. couple times a week) a tester will report an error in Test Manager when running test cases (see screen shot below). Upon investigating in Lab Manager, I'll see that the Testing capability status is failed for the environment. (Often for more than just that particular environment, but it's random.) To resolve, I log into each machine, open the Test Agent controller, re-enter the password, and then restart the Test Agent. Then, in Lab Manager, I "repair testing capability" and then everything is fine again.

Does anybody else run into this problem on a regular basis? Any ideas on what could be frequently causing the Test Agents to stop responding? It appears so randomly - sometimes it's all the machines, sometimes just one. Sometimes it's all the environments, sometimes it's just one or two. There appears to be no correlation with test runs, deployments, network, or firewall changes and any other known changes.

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:37 PM

All replies

• This is the same for me.  I have to retype the password in the test agent so the service starts up again.  It appears that the test agent is crashing or dying for some weird reason.  I have no clue.  And its random.  I don't see any errors in the event log.  MSFT why is this happening?  Is there a way to diagnose this problem?
    -Ivan R. Perez
    Monday, December 12, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Do you see any event logs on the test controller.

Thanks,

Anuj

http://www.anujchaudhary.com
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:23 AM
  • Yes, I see the following error happening alot.

(QTController.exe, PID 2684, Thread 51) Does not have 'AgentServiceUser Or ConnectTestAgentToTestController' permissions

How should I fix this? 

Error details below
    -------------------------------------------

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="VSTTController" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-12-13T14:26:46.000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>2204168</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>ITA-TFS.ita.local</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>(QTController.exe, PID 2684, Thread 51) Does not have 'AgentServiceUser Or ConnectTestAgentToTestController' permissions</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

-Ivan R. Perez
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:26 AM