Zero acquisitions but getting failure hits RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, as far as I can tell, I have zero acquisitions (other than my own).  Yet, according to the app health page, I am getting failure hits from China and Japan.  I'm assuming acquisition is synonymous with download.  That is, if someone downloads the app, it counts as an acquisition.   So, if there are no downloads, how could there be failure hits?

SAP

Thursday, August 23, 2018 12:06 AM

All replies

• Hi SAP,

>if someone downloads the app, it counts as an acquisition.   So, if there are no downloads, how could there be failure hits?

An acquisition means a new customer has obtained a license to your app (whether you charged money or you've offered it for free).

The Acquisitions chart shows the number of daily or weekly acquisitions (a new customer obtaining a license for your app) over the selected period of time.

The Failure hits chart shows the number of daily crashes and events that customers experienced when using your app(not just download the app) during the selected period of time.

So if the customers already have the app out of the period that you selected and get crashes in period that you selected, it's a normal situation.If no one has ever acquired your app but still appears failure hits, you can make a support ticket through your developer account to ask for help.Please click 'contact us' and select the proper issue type to 'submit an incident'.

Best Regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 24, 2018 2:20 AM
  • Thanks for your reply. 

One thing though, if acquisitions count applies to acquiring a license, is there somewhere in the dashboard which shows the download count? 

SAP

Friday, August 24, 2018 3:59 PM
  • Hi SAP,

What data do your download count for? Under normal circumstance, download count actually gives a count of user acquisitions for the app. 

Best Regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 27, 2018 7:18 AM
  • Hi,

As per conversation above, An acquisition means a new customer has obtained a license to your app (whether you charged money or you've offered it for free).  

The following posts reference download count.  So I'm wondering what metric (in the dashboard) do they identify as download count ?

SAP

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 12:06 AM
  • Hi SAP,

In this thread (The third one ): How is an app download count determined , Eric D - MSFT's interpretation of download count is same as mine.

Eric D - MSFT explained :  'A re-download by the same Live ID will not count as another download in your reporting data.'

My point is : Download count actually gives a count of user acquisitions(a new customer has obtained a license to your app) for the app.

Best Regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, August 30, 2018 2:30 AM