attachment file uploaded on SP custom list, and read in at Silverlight control RRS feed

• Question

• MOSS 2007:

I have a Silverlight control that reads in data from a custom SharePoint list. At SharePoint, users may upload an attachment file, specifically in .pdf formats. In the Silverlight application, i have Page.xaml and ThumbnailDetails.xaml. On load, Page.xaml displays a listbox of custom list items, where i may select any one & load its related information on ThumbnailDetails.xaml.

So how may i actually reference the PDF file uploaded by users and display the clickable link on ThumbnailDetails.xaml? Currently im using lists.asmx tgt with CAML queries @ Page.xaml.cs

Thank you!

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, July 21, 2011 7:29 AM MOSS 2007 added after OP response to now deleted question
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 4:56 AM

Answers

• Hi miiikewong,

If you would like to download the attachment using lists web service, please refer to Steve's reply in the following thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/sharepointdevelopment/thread/318c2834-2d34-4215-a69a-81284c6c8d44

If you just want to open a link, you can redirect the end-user to a web page, and in the page, use the same code to download the file manually by the end-user.

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 10:33 AM