ESB Toolkit - ESB Dispatcher Send Pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

In my application I'm trying to implement REST with JSON. Rather than use the ItinerarySendPassthrough which we would use with SOAP, I have created a custom pipeline compoment and added the JSON Decoder at the end of the pipeline in the decode stage. I have added the ESB Dispatcher in the Pre-Assemble stage. The issue I have is that as soon as I add the ESB Dispatcher, I appear to see two messages come through and it causes the JSON Decoder to get a null reference exception. I can see this as I have another custom component before the JSON decoder that get's called twice (It doesn't do anything other than let me inspect the message). If I remove the ESB Dispatcher, the message is only sent through once. I need the ESB Dispatch however as I have a map in the itinerary that needs to be run.

Does anyone have experience in this area, or have a clue as to what might be going on. I've scoured the net looking for anything that sounds similar but there seems to be almost nothing linking the ESB Toolkit with the use of the JSON Encoder.

Thanks

Friday, November 6, 2015 4:59 AM

Answers

• If you want to map response, then you need to use The ESB Itinerary Forwarder Component

You need to add this component to your receive pipeline.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:29 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 8:21 AM

All replies

• So, if the ESB Dispatcher is causing the complication do you really need to use it?

Can you just use Messaging or an Orchestration?

Friday, November 6, 2015 1:01 PM
  • If you want to map response, then you need to use The ESB Itinerary Forwarder Component

You need to add this component to your receive pipeline.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Monday, November 16, 2015 2:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, November 17, 2015 1:29 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 8:21 AM