How do I turn off datadude background processing?

Question

• Hi,

I continually see the following message in VS2010:

"Verifying your model is synchronized with your source files. Your database projects will be ready after 836 operations are competed"

As far as I can tell I'm not doing anything to explicitly kicking off this verification so I assume that datadude is doing some sort of background compilation/build/processing/whatever.

Is there any way to turn this off?

thanks

Jamie

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jamie_thomson/ | @jamiet | About me
    Jamie Thomson
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 8:43 AM

Answers

• I can only assume you are seeing this when reopening an existing project, right?  There is no way to turn this off.  This background process is checking that your files have not changed in relation to the model cache that was created when you closed VS.  If there have been changes then the model is updated to match the latest version of the files.

It is possible that this could be delayed until build, but, and a big one, that would mean any changes that have occured wouldn't be reflected in any of the tooling as everything works against the model (which is everything except Solution Explorer).

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Jamie Thomson Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:02 PM

All replies

• I can only assume you are seeing this when reopening an existing project, right?  There is no way to turn this off.  This background process is checking that your files have not changed in relation to the model cache that was created when you closed VS.  If there have been changes then the model is updated to match the latest version of the files.

It is possible that this could be delayed until build, but, and a big one, that would mean any changes that have occured wouldn't be reflected in any of the tooling as everything works against the model (which is everything except Solution Explorer).

Andrew

• Marked as answer by Jamie Thomson Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:11 PM
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply.

Its causing me quite a few issues just because (a) I have so many projects (b) they all reference a full master.dbschema file (yes, I know I can reduce it down - that's another issue altogether) & (c) I build constantly.

If there were an option to switch this off (something with a big red warning sign next to it) then that would be very handy indeed.

Thanks
    Jamie

http://sqlblog.com/blogs/jamie_thomson/ | @jamiet | About me
    Jamie Thomson
    Tuesday, July 20, 2010 3:13 PM
  • in VS 2012 shouldn't this be happening in the background and not blocking the UI thread?  ..(I'm having the same issue on an encrypted HDD, with over 20K files!!.. it is torture...)

=(

The Bunny did math well.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:52 PM