office365 calendar integration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been asked to investigate if it is possible to integrate a website event with office365 calendars.

We have built a website for a client (ASP.NET and C#) which allows them to manage projects and 1 feature is to create events within these projects. Currently if they create an event, they have to add it through the website and again within their office365 calendar so they have asked if it is possible that when an event is added through the website there is some way in which I can automatically add an item into the users office365 calendar.

I have had a look for APIs but havent found anything.

Can someone tell me if this is possible or not?

Thanks,

Chris

• Moved by Cindy Meister MVP Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:23 PM not VSTO-technology related
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:23 PM

Answers

• If this is an Outlook calendar you can only add new appointments or meetings using the Outlook object model with code running on a client machine where Outlook is installed. Outlook code cannot be run from a Web site or server, or service.

If this also involves Exchange as part of Office 365 then if the admins have opened the server for Exchange Web service code you can use that (EWS) to talk to the server and add appointments and meetings to an Exchange mailbox that way.

Ken Slovak MVP - Outlook

• Marked as answer by Jeffrey_Chen_ Wednesday, July 31, 2013 11:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:11 PM