Input string was not in a correct format RRS feed

• Question

• Just trying to run a simple query and getting Input string was not in a correct format.  The query isn't accessing the service I used fiddler to check. Also I used Azure Storage Explorer to check the query and it runs find and returns no results (no rows in the table as yet)

Now I do have a feeling I know what the error is I am using LINQ to SQL to auto generate my classes and the class I am passing is the Profile class from there so it will have the normal attributes and things associated.  I am trying to reuse this as I am having to write for duel platforms so was trying to make my life easier.  Any input appriciated

Query

var q = from p in DataContext.Profiles
                        where p.Email == Email
                        select p;

Stack Trace

at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
       at System.Number.ParseInt64(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceRequest.GetQuerySetCount(DataServiceContext context)
       at System.Data.Services.Client.DataServiceQueryProvider.ReturnSingleton[TElement](Expression expression)
       at System.Linq.Queryable.Count[TSource](IQueryable`1 source)
       at Profiles.Create(String Forename, String Surname, String Email, String Password)
       at register.btnRegister_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thursday, March 24, 2011 8:51 PM

Answers

• opps I found this I used window.net instead of windows.net. 

But I am not sure why this error would have happened I would have expexted a more meningfull errror like host not found service not found etc.

• Marked as answer by Mriswith Friday, March 25, 2011 8:33 AM
    Friday, March 25, 2011 8:33 AM