none
Error with X12 Segment Terminator RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

In the agreements for my parties in Biztalk 2010, Character Set and Separators page, I need to leave the Segment terminator field empty, and I've set the Suffix to CR LF.

As per this page http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb259967(v=bts.70).aspx

<QUOTE>

Segment terminator

Select the type of the Segment terminator (either Char or Hex), and then enter a single character for the separator. This character indicates the end of an EDI segment. In an X12 interchange, the segment terminator is defined as the character in the last character position of the ISA segment.

The default value is “~” if the type is Char, and 7e if the type is Hex.

You can leave this data element empty, but if you do, you need to designate a suffix.

This element is limited to the values in the ASCII character set. This property is not validated against the X12 character set defined in theGeneral page.

<UNQUOTE>

I would be able to leave the Segment Terminator field empty if I set the Suffix, which I did, but I still get a message saying I need to specify a value for the separator.

If I put a space, for example, it accepts but then my final files aren't beeing accepted in the final legacy system because of the extra space.

Any help, please?

Monday, August 1, 2011 10:03 AM

Answers

• I am a bit confused on what you are trying to do. What do you want for a trailing separator. The "~" is a pretty standard terminator which i expect most systems to accept.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Nelson Andre Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:25 PM

All replies

• I am a bit confused on what you are trying to do. What do you want for a trailing separator. The "~" is a pretty standard terminator which i expect most systems to accept.

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Nelson Andre Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:09 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 12:25 PM
  • This as to do with a migration from Biztalk 2006 to 2010.

In the 2006 environment this work with this terminator field empty and sufix as CR LF.

In the 2010 it doesn't acept the empty terminator but the documentation says it should work.

I've have set the terminator as "~" and it worked.

Thanks.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:09 AM