none
How to disable single task default email in Visual Studio Workflow Manager ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am using Visual Studio 2013 to create workflow in sharepoint hosted app.

I have used single task activity to assign task to user and used send email activity to send email to respective user.

In couple of environment it worked as i wanted.

But in specific environment, Two email are being sent to user.

1). From single task activity default email.

2). Send email activity.

So i want to disable default email of single task activity.

Single task default email option

Or how can i disable default email of single task activity in that specific environment.

Any guidance or help appreciated.

Thanks,

Soyeb Malek

Thursday, March 31, 2016 6:11 AM

Answers

• Soyeb

As per my understanding single task activity does not have any properties to help us prevent sending e-mail when a task is assigned.

Workaround I can think of are either disable the email at the task list or may be try creating create list item activity instead of single task but then you will have to be creative with assigned to field. 

• Marked as answer by Soyeb Malek Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:01 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:12 PM

All replies

• Hi

do you mean the setting in Task list advance settings?

顺其自然地勇往直前!—Justin Liu

Friday, April 1, 2016 8:13 AM
  • Hi Justin,

No if i enable that email setting in advanced settings then it again send one more email.

In workflow Manager "Single task" activity contains default email settings, i am asking about that.

Thanks for your input.

If anyone have came across same issue or have any idea,

Regards,

Soyeb Malek

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Soyeb

As per my understanding single task activity does not have any properties to help us prevent sending e-mail when a task is assigned.

Workaround I can think of are either disable the email at the task list or may be try creating create list item activity instead of single task but then you will have to be creative with assigned to field. 

• Marked as answer by Soyeb Malek Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:01 AM
    Thursday, April 14, 2016 4:12 PM
  • Hi Amit,

I tried disabling the email at Task List but didnt worked.

Yes, creating List item activity should work.

I am trying with creating List Item activity but I am facing issues with "AssignedToId" column as it have multiple persons allowed and "RelatedItems" column.

If you have any sample that shows how to update or create list items having multiple user types and relatedItems column ?

Thanks, appreciated..

• Edited by Soyeb Malek Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:08 PM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:01 AM