Question Regarding Sentiment Score RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a basic question related to Sentiment Analysis on twitter feed. I am using Azure Text Analytics to get the sentiment score of the tweets.

Basic on the blog, I have read the below statement :

The sentiment analyzer classifies text as predominantly positive or negative, assigning a score in the range of 0 to 1. Values close to 0.5 are neutral or indeterminate. A score of 0.5 indicates neutrality. When a string cannot be analyzed for sentiment or has no sentiment, the score is always 0.5 exactly. For example, if you pass in a Spanish string with an English language code, the score is 0.5.

Just wanted to check if the statement does not have any sentiment, it assigns 0.5 score. So as part of sentiment analysis should I show those tweets or not ? I mean does it make sense to consider neutral statements.

I am doing the analysis to check company's sentiment overall. Not necessarily on any product.

Regards,

Akash

Saturday, September 8, 2018 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Akash,

Thank you for posting the question here. This is a stream analytics forum and not text analytics forum. Please try posting your questions in this stack overflow forum.

Monday, September 10, 2018 6:08 PM