none
Could not verify this domain because it was previously configured for your tenant or for another tenant

Question

• I trying set up Azure AD > domain names > add domain name. But can't use mydomain.kz, when I trying to verify it, Azure give me error - Could not verify this domain because it was previously configured for your tenant or for another tenant. maybe previous engineer has use on some other MS service, if can find out what service... Can it be office 365 or else? How can find out what tenant use mydomain.kz?

I checked out TXT records, on my domain name registrar. It's OK.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 11:55 AM

All replies

• Each custom domain can only be pointed to one Azure AD tenant and you can’t add the same domain to point to multiple Windows Azure AD tenants.

Please find the documentation for Adding your own domain name to Azure AD.

I recommend you delete other original TXT/MX records and just keep the TXT/MX record for the New Verification. It needs some time for your domain to update the record.

If it is possible that your domain has been verified against an Office 365 tenant or, possible that your domain has been added to a tenant in an e-mail verified state if the later is the case then it should allow you to take over the domain and verify it successfully there is some instances where we have seen this fail but unfortunately without knowing the domain name in question it's hard to advise you accordingly.

If you are not aware of where the domain has already been added i.e. Microsoft Office 365 Service and you need to know this in order to resolve your problem then you may wish to open a Technical Support Incident, go through the security checks with the support advisers and they should be able to help you.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:55 AM
  • I'm already know that my domain (mydomain.kz) has been verified against an Office 365. But I can't discover email that I need to undock my domain. All TXT records are correct. 
    • Edited by Artur.Sd Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:00 AM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Since you are not aware of where the domain has already been added, we would to open a Technical Support Incident, go through the security checks with the support advisers and they should be able to help you re-map the domain.
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:28 AM
  • Thank's for all your answers, I has been found phone number of previous it engineer, now I got access to office 365 tenant, and will undock mydomain.kz from it.
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 3:00 AM
  • Great!
    Tuesday, April 25, 2017 7:08 PM