Importing Indesign Wires Into Sketchflow RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a UX architect who works primarily in Indesign. I have a client who wants us to do all of our prototyping within Sketchflow, a program I'm not familiar with. Can I do all of my wireframing in Indesign and then easily import the vector shapes of these wires etc. into Sketchflow? I figured the workflow would make sense as Sketchflow is vector correct? Or is it such that I would have to work completely in Sketchflow.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:06 PM

All replies

• I used to work in InDesign until I ran into the same situation. I picked up SketchFlow pretty quickly and have zero desire to go back to ID! I doubt you can import anything from InDesign, but I think you'd be wasting time creating things in InDesign and then moving into SketchFlow.

I have been able to import vector data from Illustrator pretty easily using a few methods. Easiest and most reliable (in my short experience) is to copy vector artwork from AI into Expression Design, and then copy it from Expression Design into Blend/Sketchflow. There are other ways of importing artwork, but this worked for the best for me.

Sketchflow does has export to Word features, but it's pretty poor. And no PDFs. (Although you could of course turn the Word file into a PDF.)

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 9:15 PM