none
VS 2015: Word 2010: An add-in could not be found or could not be loaded. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am not able to Open and use the feature 'Edit and Continue' (changed the debugging options in the tools->Options) in debug mode. Details below.

Project type: Word 2010 VSTO Add-in

Visual studio 2015 (with latest service pack)

Word 2010 (with latest service pack)

Please help on this. 

Note: setting:

Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word: Embed Interop Types=false

==> When I run MS Word from VS, the below error popup-ed (it runs when set as  Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word: Embed Interop Types=true).

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Raja,

Edit and Continue handles most types of code changes within method bodies. Most changes outside method bodies, and a few changes within method bodies, cannot be applied during debugging, however. To apply those unsupported changes, you must stop debugging and restart with a fresh version of the code.

The Supported code changes (C# and Visual Basic) article shows the changes that may be made to C# and Visual Basic code during a debugging session without restarting the session and some that require restarting the session. Note, unsupported apps and platforms include ASP.NET 5, Silverlight 5, and Windows 8.1.

Edit and Continue is not available in the following debugging scenarios:

• Mixed-mode (native/managed) debugging.

• SQL debugging.

• Debugging a Dr. Watson dump.

• Debugging an embedded runtime application.

• Debugging an application using attach to process (Debug > Attach to Process) instead of running the application by choosing Start from the Debug menu.

• Debugging optimized code.

• Debugging an old version of your code after a new version failed to build because of build errors.

Also I have found a bug in recent Visual Studio versions that has been fixed already, see Edit and Continue not working anymore since VS 2017 Update 15.7 or 15.8 .

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:45 AM