Display Picture's green frame RRS feed

• Question

• Hello is there a simple way to retrieve the green frame around the display image we see on the toolbar and on desktop messenger application? and status based colored, or any link for the static one?

thanks

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:47 AM

Answers

• Hi KeozII,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have filed a bug for this.  Currently, we do not have a solution for this scenario.  We will put these images in our CDN and provide static links to these images as part of our documentation.  I do not have a timeframe for when this will be available though.  In the short term, the images can be accessed here for large tiles and here for medium size tiles.  Since these tiled image files are subject to change without notice, you should copy them to your own development environment.  You should not link directly to those files in your application.

Thanks,

Chris Parker
    Messenger Web Toolkit Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by KeozII Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:28 PM

All replies

• Please refer to Displaypicture control at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd570108.aspx.  The presence-enabled flag controls the display of presence status
    Jeenandra Kumar
    • Proposed as answer by Jeenandra Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:01 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 12:00 PM
  • Oh I see however I need to display it on silverlight is there some property I could get the value off and display on Silverlight via html bridge? I know how to get the display picture but comes with no frame :) thanks
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 2:28 PM
  • Hi KeozII,

Thanks for the feedback.  I have filed a bug for this.  Currently, we do not have a solution for this scenario.  We will put these images in our CDN and provide static links to these images as part of our documentation.  I do not have a timeframe for when this will be available though.  In the short term, the images can be accessed here for large tiles and here for medium size tiles.  Since these tiled image files are subject to change without notice, you should copy them to your own development environment.  You should not link directly to those files in your application.

Thanks,

Chris Parker
    Messenger Web Toolkit Program Manager
    • Marked as answer by KeozII Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:00 PM
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Great thanks :) hope its incorporated soon to the toolkit, by the way how about the default display picture? is there a link? thanks
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 8:00 PM