Azure Batch error in pool management RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

since this morning I have continuously errors like

Server encountered an internal error. Please try again after some time.
    or
    Operation could not be completed within the specified time.

when I try to manage (delete-scale-create requests) pools from portal in my batch account.

Just yesterday I created a new pool so I thaught about quotas that are these (taken from the Quotas tab in the portal panel):

Number of batch accounts: 3 Mine:1
    Number of pools : 20 . Mine: 3
    Number of dedicated cores: 20. Mine: 4+1+1 = 6
    Number of low priority cores: 20 Mine: 0
    Active processes: 100 Mine: 1
    Strange thing is that I am not able, for the same reason, to delete any pool.
    That means is not a quota problem but about the whole service?
    Subscription is Dev/Test MSDN Enterprise type and it is the first time I have this problem with Azure Batch resource.

I appreciate any kind of suggestion.
    Ty.

Daniele

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 10:31 AM

All replies

• The internal error is a difficult one to troubleshoot. In my experience, it is best to open a support ticket when you see an internal error as Support can take a look at the backend logs and dig to find the actual cause of the error instead of what is masked by "Internal Error" 

Do you have the ability to open a technical support ticket? If not, you can email me at AzCommunity@microsoft.com and provide me with your SubscriptionID and link to this issue and I can enable your subscription for that support request. 

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 8:09 PM
  • I agree with Micah on this.

If you are still having difficulties and are able, please open a support ticket.  CSS is 24x7 and might be able to do an investigation for you.

A support ticket is the best way to resolve this sort of issue.  If you cannot open a support ticket you can, optionally, tell us the <region, account, pool> data and time window (with timezone) during which the errors occurred.  This forum does not get 24x7 support coverage from CSS but I will try to look here over the weekend and next week.

d
    • Edited by DarylMsft Saturday, March 9, 2019 1:23 AM sig
    Saturday, March 9, 2019 1:23 AM