Multiple resultsets from StoredProcedure SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• User472798847 posted

Hi,

I have a stored procedure that returns multiple resultsets just as below

Create StoredProcedure sp_MultipleDataSets as begin SELECT EMPID, ENAME, JOB, SAL, DEPTID FROM EMP -- first result set SELECT DEPTID, DNAME, LOC FROM DEPT --second result set end 

In SSRS, while creating a new report i configured the stored procedure for dataset. It creates the dataset ONLY with the columns returned from the first result set. It does not identify the second result set.

How can I create datasets for both the result sets from a stored procedure like above

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:01 AM

Answers

• User2105670541 posted

A straight answer: we cannot have multiple resultset returned from a single dataset.

Workaround: you need to create seperate dataset for your each resultset

OR you need to combine your result set query using SQL UNION statement

OR you can create a single dataset with a parameter and based on the parameter you get your desired resultset (you need to tweak the query), and you call the same dataset using different parameter value differnt times.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:03 AM

All replies

• Friday, September 7, 2012 7:14 AM
  • User2105670541 posted

A straight answer: we cannot have multiple resultset returned from a single dataset.

Workaround: you need to create seperate dataset for your each resultset

OR you need to combine your result set query using SQL UNION statement

OR you can create a single dataset with a parameter and based on the parameter you get your desired resultset (you need to tweak the query), and you call the same dataset using different parameter value differnt times.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 1:03 AM
  • User1977787504 posted

if you have more than one dataset ,then there is a way to sync (merge) it in one if there is any relation between the table..,, it would be large dataset .. but it will definitely work

Friday, December 7, 2012 4:22 AM