none
Visual Studio can not recognize that Office 365 is already installed RRS feed

• Question

• Visual Studio can not recognize that Office 365 is already installed and gives an error message "Can not create the project because the application associated with this project type is not installed on this computer. You must install the Microsoft Office application associated with this project type."

How can this be fixed?

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Fei!

Yes, I repaired the office, through control panel. Still it didn't work! Then tried to reinstall the VS community 2015 and this solved the issue. Now it is possible to create new VSTO projects for Excel however after running project it is the Excel which hangs! :(

I have to investigate the issue further and return to forum with possibly further questions.

Thanks for your time and kind support! 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What VS version are you talking about? Do you try to create a document level add-in?

Do you have Office 2013 or 2016 installed as a part of Office 365?

Sunday, October 25, 2015 1:47 PM
  • That's Office Tools for VS 2015. Yes, trying to create document level add-in in Community 2015 and Office 2013 is installed as part of Office 365.

Even tried to perform a full repair but that didn't work too :(

Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:24 PM
  • Try to use VS2013 Community. Do you get the error in that case?

Don't forget to install Office Tools for the Community edition of VS.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 9:33 PM
  • Hi CyrusMMXIII,

Does the Office 365 version include the Office Professional Plus? And Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) must be installed as part of Office.

You can get more detail about the requirements for developing Office solution in Visual Studio from link below:
    Configuring a Computer to Develop Office Solutions

Regards & Fei 

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 26, 2015 6:25 AM
  • Yes! It's Pro-Plus & VBA installed. Thanks for the link!
    Monday, October 26, 2015 12:17 PM
  • Hi CyrusMMXIII,

It seems that the Office is not installed correct. Since you have mentioned that you have "full repair", did you try to repair the Office?

If not, I suggest that you try to repair the Office first. If yes, I suggest that you try to install the Office 2013 and Visual Studio 2015 on a clean machine to see whether the issue could be fixed.

In addition, would you mind sharing how you install the Office 365?

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:03 AM
  • Hi Fei!

Yes, I repaired the office, through control panel. Still it didn't work! Then tried to reinstall the VS community 2015 and this solved the issue. Now it is possible to create new VSTO projects for Excel however after running project it is the Excel which hangs! :(

I have to investigate the issue further and return to forum with possibly further questions.

Thanks for your time and kind support! 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 7:32 AM