Downloading .cab files OTA, using OMA DD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm developing a site that allows users to download applications for different kinds of mobile platforms and keep track of them.

I use OMA download descriptor to get notified if my application successfully downloaded and installed on mobile devices, I have no problem downloading .cab files directly, but when I try to download the cab file using OMA download descriptor device tells me that my descriptor contains errors. I'm pretty sure it does not since I use the same descriptor to download applications for Blackberry, Nokia, etc.

I tried using
     DM too and got the same result. Is there another way to keep track of the application status other than OMA DD?

Sample code for DD:

string result = "<media xmlns=\"http://www.openmobilealliance.org/xmlns/dd\">\r\n\t" +
            "<DDVersion>1.0</DDVersion>\r\n\t" +
            "<name>" + serviceName + "</name>\r\n\t" +
            "<size>" + installationFileSize + "</size>\r\n\t" +
            "<type>application/vnd.android.package-archive</type>\r\n\t" +
            "<vendor>" + this.installationFileVendor + "</vendor>\r\n\t" +
            "<description>" + serviceDescription + "</description>\r\n\t" +
            "<nextURL>" + this.afterDownloadUrl + "</nextURL>\r\n\t" +
            "<objectURI>" + installationFileUrl.Replace(" ", "%20") + "</objectURI>\r\n\t" +
            "<installNotifyURI>" + this.notificationUrl + "</installNotifyURI>\r\n" +
            "</media>";

• Edited by Efe Acikgoz Friday, October 1, 2010 3:15 PM Typo
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:58 PM

All replies

• I'm still waiting for a reply. Any help will be appreciated. I'm using direct download for Windows Mobile .CAB files right now and can't get notification about installation. Getting download results are really important for me.  I tried changing every part of the DD and read tons of document about OMA DD but still no solution.
    Friday, December 10, 2010 12:22 PM