Error updating application: The service '.../Web/Microsoft-LightSwitch-Security-ServerGenerated-Implementation-AuthenticationService.svc' does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to update a Silverlight LS 2012 Web application, hosted on a Windows Server 2008 R2. After running the publish wizard and editing the sql script (let's save that issue for another time), the Import application from IIS worked flawlessly. But the App hangs on "Loading...", and I get this Application error in the Event Viewer:

WebHost failed to process a request.

Sender Information: System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult/12547953

Exception: System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The service '/MYAPP/Web/Microsoft-LightSwitch-Security-ServerGenerated-Implementation-AuthenticationService.svc' does not exist. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The service '/MYAPP/Web/Microsoft-LightSwitch-Security-ServerGenerated-Implementation-AuthenticationService.svc' does not exist.

(I changed the real name to MYAPP)

I found only one post related, not solved, and involving Azure Cloud Services, which is not my case.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 11:20 PM

Answers

• I found the solution here.

The problem was that the Lightswitch application was deploying with Microsoft.Data.Services 5.0.2.0, but Microsoft.LightSwitch.Server 11.0.0.0 must reference Microsoft.Data.Services 5.0.0.0. Once I deployed 5.0.0.0 to the web server, the application ran as expected.

This download is what you need to install on the server to add the missing Microsoft.Data.XXX 5.0.0.0 assemblies:  microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=29306

What's curious is why this did not happened with the previous version of the application. The only differences were the previous version was built with VS2012 running on Windows 8, and the latter with Windows 8.1, and VS2013 installed.

I run into this problem before, if you follow my posts, but this time the context and the error message were different.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:47 AM