none
Asp.Net Web API : [fromUri] object parameters does not come up fine in Web API Documentation. Throws 400 Bad Request

Question

• Firstly excuse me if this is not the right forum to ask this question. I was not sure which category this would fall into.

We are using Asp.Net Web API to create our APIs. And using the default Web API Help documentation for presenting the API details in help page. It works perfectly fine if I provide the individual parameters to the method. But if I use an object as a parameter and add [fromUri] the documentation does not come up. The API is listed on the help page but when I click on the API to see the full documentation (from XML), it throws 400 Bad Request error.

But if I remove [fromUri] and add individual parameters the documentation comes up fine. 

If this a known issue?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Preethi

Preethi Chappidi

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Preethi,

This forum is discussing Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

I suggest that you had better repost the issue to the following forum for a better answer. Thank you for your understanding.

https://forums.asp.net/1246.aspx/1?Web+API

Sincerely,

Oscar

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by qing__Moderator Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:03 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:03 AM