Azure Stack TP3 & API RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am Linux Guy and know not so much about Azure. My Company is going to start PoC with Azure Stack TP3.
    Question from my side:

Can I use azure CLI 2.0 or SDK (python or ruby) to talk to Azure Stack TP3 ? 
    I would like to avoid (as much as possible) to use PowerShell.
    Tuesday, May 23, 2017 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can run the CLI with Azure Stack, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-stack/azure-stack-connect-cli , the doc is somewhat old so try to experiment with higher versions. However , running Packer.io (HashiCorp) against Azure Stack can be challenging because its designed to work with Azure. I dont know if you can customize it to work with another endpoint and region, you should try it out or work with HashiCorp folks to get it working. We succesfully used Terraform also from Hashi Corp using the Azure SDK Go against Azure Stack. We reverted back to an older build to support the somewhat older Azure Stack API version (Azure SDK Go profile problem) and fixed some bugs. It can be a time intensive exercise.

Of course you can create the image with Packer on Azure and then bring that VHD over to Azure Stack. 

Cheers,

Ruud
    Twitter:    Blog: AzureStack.Blog  LinkedIn:    
    Note: Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Wednesday, May 24, 2017 10:21 AM

All replies