resizing photos with design 2 for expression web RRS feed

• Question

• What is the best way to resize photos for expression web?  I have many to resize.
    Sunday, August 3, 2008 12:59 PM

Answers

• using design 1 I normally import my images select them all turn off scale as percentage and relative transform turn off the link between W and H and set the value I want ,I keep them selected  set my crop marks bounding box and save them one by one
    in design 1 I need to make a second layer to move the saved ones to and hide it or I put the second layer under the first one an move my saved ones to
     I think in design 2 it must be easier just using the eyes  
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    maybe it's better to use Expression Media in this case. When you've opened photos - you should select all and use Window-> Image editor. Use "Resize function" and Batch process. You could tune both.

Another way in Expression Media - use Action-> Convert Image Files...

Hope this helps.
    • Edited by Helenka Monday, August 4, 2008 7:56 AM adding
    Monday, August 4, 2008 7:36 AM
  • There used to be an Image Resize PowerToy that was very nifty.

1 - select multiple images

2 - right-click > choose Image Resize

3 - BONGO!  Job done
    Monday, August 4, 2008 9:17 PM
  • To answer your question, using Expression Design 2, the best way to resize bitmap images that I can think of is to do the following:

1. Create a new document with an artboard equal to the size that you want your pictures to be
    2. Import your pictures off the artboard
    3. One by one, move your pictures onto the artboard, preferrably the top left portion of the artboard aligned with the top right of the photo.
    4. Hold the SHIFT key down and use the left mouse button to stretch out the bottom right adorner. Holding the SHIFT key down will constrain the proportions so the picture isn't skewed.
    5. Once the pic width or height matches the artboard size you set, click File, Export and export the file as a JPG or PNG by giving the file a name and click the Export All button.

Will Buffington
    Microsoft Expression Design Support
    Friday, August 8, 2008 9:04 PM
  • using design 1 I normally import my images select them all turn off scale as percentage and relative transform turn off the link between W and H and set the value I want ,I keep them selected  set my crop marks bounding box and save them one by one
    in design 1 I need to make a second layer to move the saved ones to and hide it or I put the second layer under the first one an move my saved ones to
     I think in design 2 it must be easier just using the eyes  
    Saturday, August 9, 2008 6:55 PM