How to Keep Popup on the top of Frame or Page?

Question

• Just like the Adding Account Popup of E-mail App of Windows 8. When the popup is open, Appbar and Setting Flyout are always behind it.

我是我,我非我。

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:23 AM

Answers

• Hi ijian Yan,

According to your description, you want to have the login dialog in the top of the window. The easiest way is to use a full screen popup with a similar look like the MessageDialog. I would recommend you use this way.

If you want to open a window like in WinForm, you can refer to the following code example. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/MessageBox-for-Windows-238508f9. It shows you how to open modal popup in store app.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please describe your problem in detail.

shah

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 3:54 AM
  • Hi, I make a popup show full screen (with a opacity). if now the Appbar is open, it's behind the popup and  can't be operated. But if I close and reopen the Appbar, the Appbar is in front of popup and can be operated.

Picture above is E-mail App of Windows 8.1. In E-mail App, event if you close and reopen a Appbar(by Right Click), the Appbar is always behind the popop(Longin Window) and can't be operated. I just want to know how I can do that ?

我是我,我非我。

• Edited by Xijian Yan Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 6:21 AM
  • Hi ijian Yan,

According to your description, you want to have the login dialog in the top of the window. The easiest way is to use a full screen popup with a similar look like the MessageDialog. I would recommend you use this way.

If you want to open a window like in WinForm, you can refer to the following code example. https://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/MessageBox-for-Windows-238508f9. It shows you how to open modal popup in store app.

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 2:01 AM