none
How can I set default fonts, headers, footers etc. for my reports RRS feed

• Question

• When creating reports, the default font for any output is Tahoma.  Where and how can I change this so I don't have to manually change every field of every report to my desired font.  If not, is there a quick way to apply a font to a report so all fields use that font (but will keep current font size).  Fairly new to this so hopefully not a silly question.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2008
    Version 9.0.30729.1 SP
    Microsoft .NET Framework
    Version 3.5 SP1

Friday, October 22, 2010 3:53 AM

All replies

• I can suggest:
    1. Open RDLC file.
    2. Press Cntrl + A. That is, select all controls.
    3. Press Function key-F4. That is Go to Properties, now.
    4. Now, modify the Font Property as you wish.
    5. You Job would be done.
    Is that fine?

Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    • Proposed as answer by Abhijeet Lakra Friday, October 22, 2010 6:08 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Scott Fergus Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:08 PM
    Friday, October 22, 2010 5:53 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the suggestion - followed as suggested, but using this methid I can't change individual font attributes e.g. just change the font family.  From what I have seen in various forums, what I am asking may not be possible.  Any ideas?  Thanks.
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 9:08 PM
  • You can create a Report Parameter to represent Font Family. Set its value to whatever you like, e.g. "Arial". Now, attach the Font Family property of each control to this Report Parameter.

You would need to attach the Font Family of each control individually once. But for the next time, all you need to do is - update the Report Parameter's value to suppose - "Verdana". That's it - Font Family for all your controls would be updated to Verdana in one go be it of any Font sizes.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Monday, October 25, 2010 7:34 AM