PowerBI GetData from Azure Cosmosdb RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting this error while querying data from SQL API Cosmosdb to PowerBI. Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Query1 Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [Expression.Error] The field 'errors' of the record wasn't found.. '.

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi RaysApps,

Is this related to the previous issue you inquired about with regard to saving a query and receiving an error? The error message is the same from the previous post you made. What has changed since this morning and afternoon? Has any update to the data model been made?

With regard to the ODBC version, what version are you currently using? The below are the instructions for setting up the ODBC driver.

Connect to Azure Cosmos DB using BI analytics tools with the ODBC driver

Can you provide additional error details if you are still having issues. Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by angoyal-msft Monday, May 13, 2019 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by RaysApps Monday, July 8, 2019 11:38 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 8:37 PM

All replies

• I was able to get data from cosmos db to the PowerBI Desktop till this afternoon. Unfortunately it stopped working after that and showing the below error. After initial research by updating odbc drivers, it appears that the cosmosdb collection was created with higher version of the SDK than the odbc driver that PowerBI desktop supports. Could you suggest a workaround to resolve this issue.
    Friday, May 3, 2019 1:00 PM
  • Hi RaysApps,

You likely have a syntax error in your query and the message is attempting to tell you that. Can you carefully review your work (scrolling to the very end) to make sure there is nothing syntactically incorrect with formatting of the query. 

Solution to the same error where some found that "Never mind...it was an error within my function that did not show up until very near the end of my dataset."

If this does not help you resolve your specific situation, can you provide a copy of the query?

Thanks,

Mike

Friday, May 3, 2019 8:05 PM
  • Thanks for your reply. I've not provided any sql query and exported entire database.The problem appears to be with ODBC driver. please check

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/da01affd-44f4-4ef0-bd15-d3aaec25f463/powerbi-connect-to-cosmosdb?forum=azurecosmosdb

The cosmosdb database was created with SQL API option.

Thanks,

Chandra Mohan

Friday, May 3, 2019 8:32 PM
  • Hi RaysApps,

Is this related to the previous issue you inquired about with regard to saving a query and receiving an error? The error message is the same from the previous post you made. What has changed since this morning and afternoon? Has any update to the data model been made?

With regard to the ODBC version, what version are you currently using? The below are the instructions for setting up the ODBC driver.

Connect to Azure Cosmos DB using BI analytics tools with the ODBC driver

Can you provide additional error details if you are still having issues. Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by angoyal-msft Monday, May 13, 2019 9:05 AM
    • Marked as answer by RaysApps Monday, July 8, 2019 11:38 PM
    Friday, May 3, 2019 8:37 PM
  • Sorry for my late reply. Now it is working fine now
    Monday, July 8, 2019 11:38 PM