none
PowerPoint - Determine whether the Cursor is before the first slide or after it RRS feed

• Question

• I need to determine the cursor position in the slide-pane in PowerPoint, in order to insert a new slide in the correct position. 
    When a slide is selected, the current slide number is Application.ActiveWindow.View.Slide.SlideIndex.
    When the cursor is between slides, switching to another view and then back (e.g., to Slide View and then back to Slide Sorter) selects the slide immediately before the cursor, and then the method above works.
    The problem is in one case: when the cursor is positioned before the first slide or after it. Switching the view back and forth, positions the cursor on the first slide in both cases.
    How can I determine if the cursor position in the Slide-Pane is before the first slide or after it?
    Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi Arie,

After done some researches on this case, I'm unable to figure out the cursor position either. But maybe we can find out workaround for it, so would you like to tell me why you want to know the position of cursor? Why don't call your method just in ppViewNormal view type?

I look forward to hearing of you.

Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, October 7, 2011 7:33 AM