Send SMS RRS feed

• Question

• User-1783594156 posted
    Hi All, I want to send SMS from my application i have tried alot but i don't fine any solution.Please help me out i really need this.I don't want to use any third party webservice or any third party tool like simplewire,i want to create my own web service,I don't expect any code from anybody but i will be very thankful if anybody share the logic behind this.I am working as vb.net developer but i haven't use mobile toolkit.Kindly give me the direction where i could start. Please reply,i really need this. Thanx in advance, Nitu.
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 7:01 AM

All replies

• User303339568 posted
    As far as I know, you do need to use a Gateway to send SMS messages. As you mentioned this really does not have anything to do with the Mobile Internet Toolkit which is the focus of the discussion here. A quick search on Google turned up the following: SMS Text messaging for ASP.NET http://www.aspnetpro.com/thirdparty/showfile.asp?FileID=1775 I believe there were also a couple of articles on Wrox's ASPToday site that looked at integrating asp.net with SMS. But as far as I know, all of them used gateways. - Anil
    Thursday, September 26, 2002 8:29 AM
  • User-534992215 posted
    You can do this in one of three ways: 1. you have a GSM modem (or equevilant in non GSM networks) , GSM modems normally accept AT commands on the serial port, which is not hard to learn or develop on any languages.. 2. You buy an SMPP link from any service provider and write an implimentation for the SMPP protocol which is somehow like the TCP protocol (its actually built on top of it), acquiring a link is not a cheap solution and providers normally provide this only for corporates with huge consumption of SMS messages. 3. Buy SMS qoutation from a web-based provider (I may suggest BulkSMS.com) that enables you from writing a software implementation to send special requests for sending SMS messages over the internet... If you are developing an application to send a certain limited number of SMS messages per day (frequency less than 1 message per 20 seconds) then GSM modem will be sufficient and inexpensive. If you are developing an application to send bulk messages (thousands per day) the you might want to consider any of the later 2 options.
    Wednesday, October 2, 2002 7:16 AM
  • User-1122277887 posted
    Hi aabuserrieh, Our HO is in Dubai, UAE. There the service provider is giving SMPP support for their SMS Gateway. How to use SMPP (i found some java api from logica) from ASP.NET ? Yours, Sankar.B
    Wednesday, October 16, 2002 6:48 AM
  • User-534992215 posted
    Well SMPP is a Protocl that you can fine allot of documentatioin about, but you will have to send these HTTP-Like as requests to the SMPP server after formating the request string, I am not sure how feasible is it from ASP .Net since you will have to write low-level programming that includes socket interaction. In our company we use COM objects written in C++ to communicate with SMPP. You might as well consider buying our company's product and save yourself the development efforts ;)
    Thursday, October 17, 2002 2:36 AM
  • User152764772 posted
    Hi there, We have a product called Bulletin Connect that allows you to send SMS messages, internationally, and receive replies from your .NET application. It comes in three flavours: 1. Web Service (SOAP) 2. XML/HTTP 3. Windows .NET Service You can also implement Mobile Originate applications with this product. Please do check out our Website at www.bulletinonline.com. Look under the Services menu for information. If you would like a test account to try it out then do not hesitate to contact me at mark.easton@bulletinwireless.com. Cheers
    Sunday, November 10, 2002 3:34 PM
  • User-1674193163 posted
    Hello to all. I have pretty much the same problem and I'm focusing to using the solution with the gsm modem. i guess any mobile phone can be used as such. My question is where do I find more info about interacting with such a device. What I need is to retrieve the sms FROM the mobile phone then transform it to an sql query and update my database. But my problem for now is how to retrieve the message from the mobile phone... Any links or articles or tutorials about it? PS this is I guess a good solution for my needs I approximatelly assess I'll be receiving 3000 messages within three days periods but not actually sending any unless I get an error during the reading of the data (incorrect syntax of the data from the sender) In that case I want to be able to send an sms to ask for resubmission of the data. Another issue is that after retrieving the sms I'll have to delete it. I hope that is possible too. Anyway any info or links would be appreciated Thanks in advance Dimitris from Greece!(Therefore excuse my bad English!!!)
    Sunday, June 8, 2003 10:16 PM
  • User-1434476517 posted
    Is it possible to find a software already developed which allows to send SMS and which uses GSM modems and AT commands ? Thanks in advance.
    Monday, June 23, 2003 10:26 AM
  • User-1322387977 posted
    I am currently in the process of studying this Serial COM Simply In C# Also, I will be reviewing just how useful the SMS-connect component from START corporation will be.
    Monday, June 30, 2003 10:00 AM
  • User-1322387977 posted
    Ok, SMSconnect is carrier-grade application that runs MSMQ and Windows service and talks to telecommunication providers' SMSC via EMPP. No talk to GSM modem at all.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2003 9:14 AM
  • User-1322387977 posted
    Dear all, I have found a COM component from strongcube.com that talks to GSM modems supporting the standard AT commands.
    Tuesday, July 1, 2003 10:21 AM
  • User1782590283 posted
    hi, i m creating a web application that can send SMS can anyone help me how to use SMS Service in .NET waiting for reply
    Monday, September 15, 2003 2:35 AM
  • User-29106618 posted
    Shehzada, Do you think we can send out SMS without GSM modem?
    Wednesday, September 24, 2003 4:26 AM
  • User-29106618 posted
    Eh..guys, I had found a site related to this topic. Just visit it. http://www.internet.com/icom_cgi/print/print.cgi?url=http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010327.htm
    Friday, September 26, 2003 9:34 PM
  • User921016085 posted

Dear Nitu

I am also looking for this type of soulations.

Please send me information if u will get.

Really I have need this.

For your information i am try this by socket programming.

thanks

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:27 AM
  • User-1419011324 posted

Please check out this pages who give .net library and you can use it freely But you should need SMPP account from your mobile neywork company

http://www.devshock.com/

http://www.inetlab.ru/en/ALT.SMS.SmppClient

Sunday, December 17, 2006 11:45 PM
  • User1002646403 posted

Me too. Any help is really appreciated? Has anyone who has actually implemented this using ASP.NET please reply? 

Friday, October 26, 2007 5:48 PM
  • User-1419011324 posted

I have make successful project for SMS. tell me what type of help you need.  

Saturday, October 27, 2007 5:24 PM
  • User1002646403 posted

Thanks for the reply.

Here are some questions I have before I get started.

1. I understand that this can be implemented using a gateway provider. Which are the recommended gateway providers that are reliable for sending SMS in US?

2. If I use the SMPP component from devshock, do I still need a gateway provider? How could I get a SMPP account?

3. I've heard of people implementing this using a modem. Any information on that will be really helpful.

My web application would need to track if a SMS was sent successfully and the time it was delivered. Which of the above options would let me track this information?

Thanks!

Sunday, October 28, 2007 7:29 PM
  • User-1419011324 posted

Yea u are correct that u should use gateway provider and with devshock u need to use SMPP account that is provide by gateway provider. It is very gud and simple way to do what u want rather then going to modem. You can achieve through modem also  but better is  devshock.

Sunday, October 28, 2007 8:46 PM
  • User970350993 posted

Hi

did u solve this problem ?. i have to also implement the same concept in my current project.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 12:34 AM
  • User297042814 posted

Use www.spiritssoft.com for Send Free SMS

Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:14 AM
  • User297042814 posted

For Send SMS Through Code:

C#.net:

Step 1: Add Web Reference :
            http://www.spiritssoft.com/webservice/sendway2sms.asmx
    Step 2: Add This "using com.spiritssoft.www;"
    Step 3: Create a Object "SendWay2Sms smsobj = new SendWay2Sms();"
    Step 4:
            string strResult = smsobj.sendSmsSpiritsSoft("UserName", "Password", "Number", "message");

strResult  : Recieving the Result from Webservice

Note:
         - For Group SMS , Number seperated by commas(,).
         - Message should be Only 125 characters,
         - If No username , password form way2sms.com it will send message
           through Spirits Soft Technology Default Number.

www.spiritssoft.com

Wednesday, December 2, 2009 7:37 AM
  • User1616291793 posted

Hi

could you tell me the logic / procedure to send sms with our mobile number as sender ID like in way2sms.com or 160by2.com .

Friday, December 4, 2009 12:05 AM
  • User-1474096950 posted

i need to create a page to send bulk sms in my application

i surfed many sites & codes etc

but dont know where to start

and is sms gateway a must or is there any other solution  . 

or rather any help to start this module in asp.net framewrk 2.0 

Friday, January 15, 2010 5:50 AM
  • User-1419011324 posted

Hi,

Basically you require a SMS Gateway through which you have to send your message, which would be a paid service to which you have to subscribe. My suggestion would be to create a common interface for mail, text messages etc which would contain methods like "SendMessage","ConstructMessage" etc and  implement those. Usually your application would require to consume a webservice provided by the gateway service, but I believe there are some other methods in practice as well. The following links might be of help to you -

http://forums.asp.net/t/57735.aspx

http://www.gotocode.com/art.asp?art_id=66  - contains the basic code structure

You can download this free component and check it out (not sure about licensing terms, so read their terms if you want to use it commercially) - http://www.intellisoftware.co.uk/sms-gateway/dotnet-component/

Friday, January 15, 2010 6:32 AM
  • User-1474096950 posted

hi so as per u with out sms gateway sending sms is not possible

i sthere any free gateway providers

atlesat any such gateway / code  where i can use it initally  for checking with the code working & then i provide the application to the client where they can register with the payment done fr sms gateway

Friday, January 15, 2010 7:07 AM
  • User-1098036911 posted

Is it really possible to send sms using your own service. If yes then please tell me how can I creat my on service provider. Will I have to download any software?

Friday, January 22, 2010 5:01 AM
  • User1459797882 posted

Can We Trust On This Webservice.

Monday, February 1, 2010 11:39 PM
  • User-725797108 posted

Better I suggest go with some provider who provides API for sending sms.

Http://sms.gamatech.in has API available...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 7:31 AM
  • User-2085957906 posted

hi

if u dont mind can u plz send me the application file which is executable.........

bcoz i tried with u r code but i didnt get anything........plz send the aspx project file to tprsan@rediffmail.com

Saturday, July 24, 2010 8:29 PM
  • User-1199946673 posted

Please don't ask question in multiple threads. especially in threads that you didn't start!

http://www.mikesdotnetting.com/Article/69/How-to-get-your-forum-question-answered-avoid-thread-jacking

Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:27 PM
  • User-1474096950 posted

i tried using the nae space in the code  but i am getting error

is there no need of any file to be downloaded and used in the project

is spiritssoft.com sending sms absolutely free

Monday, August 16, 2010 6:55 AM
  • User-1474096950 posted

i am still not able to impelemt the smsing module

in my asp.net application i need to send sms thr' my web page

is there any code avliable in asp.net & any servrice provreides that can be used with asp.net

i want free sms service providers 

Monday, August 16, 2010 7:07 AM
  • User-1793422485 posted

hello dude,send me full code to send sms using aspx.thanks in advance

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 5:42 AM
  • User-1419011324 posted

Are you ordering me or are you asking for help.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 10:15 AM
  • User1872352429 posted

http://bsmart.in

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 9:30 AM