SQL Server 2005 - Maintenance Task doesn't delete BAK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi every one.

I have a SQL Server 2005 (9.00.1399.00) installed in Windows Server 2003 SP1.

As i said in title the Maintenance Task isn't deleting any backup, i saw a lot of threads relating this problem but with SQL Server 2005 SP1 i tried to apply the solutions above and doesn't work:

- Set "bak" as extension instead ".bak", "*", "BAK", "Bak"...

- Set "\" at the end of the path folder

Anyone know a workaround for this issue? I can't update the SQL with any SP. 

Best regards.

Monday, May 23, 2011 11:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There is a famous issue with SQL Server 2005 RTM for Maintenance Plans & others which got fixed in SQL Server 2005 SP2. So you need to be atleast on SQL Server 2005 9.00.3042 & greater in order to overcome from this problem.

I didn't understand why you are not able to install any SP as they are already stablized in market and running since ages.

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://sqlfundas.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Monday, May 30, 2011 1:29 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:35 PM

All replies

• You are still running SQL Server 2005 RTM.  Install Service Pack 4 to see if your problem is fixed

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Monday, May 23, 2011 12:15 PM
  • Thanks for answering, but as i said i won't install any Service Pack is a production server and no changes must be done in that way.

If there's some workaround please let me know or sadly i'll have to make a *.batch.

Cheers.

Monday, May 23, 2011 12:22 PM
  • I have been unable to find a workaround and the only solutions I can find is to install a service pack.  Someone else will hopefullt suggest a work around however that is unlikely.

Jeff Wharton MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt) MCT, MCPD, MCITP, MCDBA, MCSD, MCAD
    Monday, May 23, 2011 12:27 PM
  • Thnx for answering, i've been reading a lot of threads and i started to debug the job, as i can see there's no way to make it work (at least with RTM release) i'll go with a batch or something similar.

Best regards.

Monday, May 23, 2011 2:14 PM
  • Hi,

There is a famous issue with SQL Server 2005 RTM for Maintenance Plans & others which got fixed in SQL Server 2005 SP2. So you need to be atleast on SQL Server 2005 9.00.3042 & greater in order to overcome from this problem.

I didn't understand why you are not able to install any SP as they are already stablized in market and running since ages.

Regards Gursethi Blog: http://sqlfundas.blogspot.com/ ++++ Please mark "Propose As Answer" if my answer helped ++++
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:30 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Monday, May 30, 2011 1:29 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 2:35 PM