none
RecordSet Destination Error Writing to the ADODB.RecordSet Object

Question

• Hello,

SQL Server 2012

Visual Studio 2012

I am trying to debug my SSIS package which is supposed to export data from the database into a flat file. Each time it tries to run through the RecordSet Destination I get this error.

[Recordset Destination [734]] Error: Error writing to the ADODB.Recordset object.

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED.  The ProcessInput method on component "Recordset Destination" (734) failed with error code 0xC020207D while processing input "Recordset Destination Input" (736). The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

I am not sure what is causing this error.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:10 PM

Answers

• I think I'll go with putting it straight into a flat file. Another question though. Is there a way to specifically grab columns you need from your result set? In the initial query I am grabbing a larger set of data but only pieces of that data will be used for specific flat file layouts.
    • Marked as answer by redx350 Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:07 PM
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Yes, you can specify in the mapping property page what columns actually hit the file

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:23 PM

All replies

• Why do you use the RecordSet destination?

How would I reproduce your issue?

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:25 PM
  • I am using an OLEDB Source to query for the data I need and pass that on to a RecordSet destination which saves the data into a variable.  Then I was going to use a Script task to grab the data from the Recordset variable and output it to a flat file. 

I use an OLE DB Source >> Derived Column >> Recordset Destination in one data flow task.

• The OLE DB Source uses the SQL Command option to query for specific columns from multiple tables. 
    • The Derived Column adds in multiple rows that will also be added to the Recordset.
    • The Recordset Destination just sets the input columns and set the System.Object variable that will be used as the Recordset variable.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:31 PM
  • You must be able to put the data straight into a flat file. I do not see why you'd use the RecordSet destination.

So, if you do that instead will this work?

To fix your original design: the error may be coming from incompatible data types for which to fix you need a Data Conversion Transformation.

PS: still too few particulars on how to repro.

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:02 PM
  • I think I'll go with putting it straight into a flat file. Another question though. Is there a way to specifically grab columns you need from your result set? In the initial query I am grabbing a larger set of data but only pieces of that data will be used for specific flat file layouts.
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:10 PM
  • Yes, you can specify in the mapping property page what columns actually hit the file

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:23 PM
  • This has been the solution. Thank you for your help. Maybe I complicated things a bit.
    Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:07 PM