none
Silverlight translations very cool! But they don't always work... RRS feed

All replies

• Wow, this is pretty amazing! And it works (almost) perfectly as well!

@Brian:
    I took a quick peek at your code and I have a sneaking suspicion that the GetPixel() routine doesn't think the background is #000000 in colour. If you modify the hex value in your program Small Basic shows the exact same problem (except SB eventually Halts and Catches Fire). This could be an issue with the GetPixel() routine itself, with the hex value interpretation or the way the background is coloured, though I put my money on GetPixel().
    Saturday, January 30, 2010 5:59 PM
  • Thanks, TM!  I couldn't agree more with your assessment.  I suppose I'm just using the forum to raise awareness...

In terms of your '(almost)' comment, I've noticed occasional problems with SB event-servicing; e.g. not all events may get serviced as you might expect, possibly due to timing issues in the interpreter (however, dropped events are not cool, IMO).
    Monday, February 1, 2010 5:33 AM
  • I'm just amazed it works at all really ;) . Just goes to show how much Silverlight can really do. Ofcourse saying something works almost perfectly isn't all that valueable in the programming world, as debugging is one of the bigger parts of any development effort. But still, it does work for a large number of programs, which is quite incredible seeing as the language and native compiler haven't even reached 1.0 status and none of the programs are even remotely optimised for web-applications. And us Small Basic users will just keep on scouting for those bits that are left 'unpolished' :) .
    Monday, February 1, 2010 5:46 PM
  • Oh... you mean the translations are amazing.

Then I guess it's a good thing that my profession involves breaking 'amazing' MS technologies...

;-)

Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Could someone please explain to me the relevance of this topic in regard to SmallBasic????
    Friday, February 5, 2010 11:51 PM
  • You can embed Small Basic programs into a website using Silverlight

http://smallbasic.com/program/?asteroids
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 6:31 AM
  • Another quantum leap in programing!  Using silverlight to run a program in a webpage!

Could be the solution to a modeling problem I am trying to solve.  How do I code a webpage so that I just see the program and not the program listing links etc.?

Congradulations to the Small Basic Development Team!  Very impresive!
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 1:10 AM
  • How do I code a webpage so that I just see the program and not the program listing links etc.?

Copying the HTML code only embeds the program, see the Small Basic blog for an example.

http://blogs.msdn.com/smallbasic/default.aspx
    Tuesday, February 9, 2010 2:20 PM
  • FYI:  figured out the problem a while back but I don't see myself doing much more at the moment than to provide an update:  http://smallbasic.com/smallbasic.com/program/?JZF839-0

--Brian

Saturday, May 29, 2010 6:10 AM