none
Can we create custom EDI assembler? RRS feed

All replies

• Hi Anurag,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

What version of BizTalk you are using, if you haven't already you can uncheck  - Perform EDI Data Type Validation under Party EDI Properties > Transaction Set Settings > Validation.  

If uncheck, it won't  

• check data types as defined by the EDI properties of the schema
    • length restrictions
    • empty data elements and trailing separators  

There is a note in the documentation:

EDI structural validation is performed even if the EDI type validation is disabled. An interchange that fails the basic structural validations will be suspended, even if the EDI Type validation is disabled.

Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/bb226537.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Thanks,

If my reply is helpful please mark as Answer or vote as Helpful.

My blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Monday, December 14, 2015 8:20 AM
  • Technically, sure, it's just software, you can write any functionality you want.  But....

NO, you do not want to do that.  It's perfectly fine if a Trading Partner has requested a structure that is different from standard X12, so long as you agree to it.  Note, this does not apply to HIPAA.

In that case, you should modify the Schema so that it matches the structure you have agree to with the Trading Partner.

Can you give us a specific example of the problem you're having?

Monday, December 14, 2015 11:40 AM
  • Hi John,

Thank You for your reply.

As you know i am working on PACDR_X12_298 .

Whenever I am trying to generate a X12 298 EDI file by including data for Loop 2310C (Service Facility Location Name), the following error message is been encountered by the Biz Talk system :

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "SendPortPACDR" with URL "E:\Aj\Biztalk Project\TestPACDR\XMLRslt\%SourceFileName%.%datetime_bts2000%.001.DAT". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Unable to read the stream produced by the pipeline.

Details: Error: 1 (Miscellaneous error)

8: No matching child node found

Error: 2 (Segment level error)

SegmentID: NM1

Position in TS: 35

2: Unexpected segment ".

But this is not the case with Loop 2310A (Referring Provider Name), when I try to generate an EDI file by mapping only the Loop 2310A (Referring Provider Name) I am successfully able to generate a complete X12 file. When I try to map the fields for Loop 2310B (Rendering  Provider Name) or Loop 2310C or even both together the error mentioned above is raised by the BizTalk Server. The data is available on the flat file for Loop 2310C but not for Loop 2310B, for which I am using dummy values referring  the X298 guide.

All  these Loops of 2310 series begin with NM segment thus the system shouldn’t throw any exception with any of the loops from this series because it is generating the correct X12 file when only mapping of Loop 2310A is done. But unfortunately it doesn’t generate when mapping of loop 2310B or 2310C or all of these three are added to the setup.

Also, this same error occurs for loop 2010AA and 2420C for which I have given the snaps.

Error Details:

Case 1 : Loop 2010AA (REF_BillingProviderSecondaryIdentification) 

Error: 

Case 2: Loop 2310C(NM1_ServiceFacilityLocationName)

Error :

case 3:Loop 2420C(NM1_ServiceFacilityLocationName)

Error: 

Schema Snap:

Monday, December 14, 2015 12:41 PM
  • Examine the Schema directly, meaning not in the Schema Editor, and look for the Rule element which define additional EDI specific rules beyond xsd compliance.

You may be failing one of those.

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:30 PM
  • Hi John,

As per your guideline, I tried to find out rules in schema but no success so far.
    Because its a reporting schema,so for this schema all elements has one or both below listed element  in app info section.

<x12:STD_Info Name="Reference Identification Qualifier" Number="128" DataType="ID" /> 
    <x12:TR3_Info Used="No" />

I tried to modify STD_Info datatype to "R" or placed <x12:TR3_info> section in the section where we are getting error.

but when am trying to rebuild schema solution,it' skipping all the changes. 

Friday, December 18, 2015 8:38 AM
  • Are you sure you're not creating two NM1's next to each other by mistake?  Because of a missing REF or PRV?
    Saturday, December 19, 2015 1:33 PM
  • Yes John absolutely we are not creating two NM1's next to each Other.
    If I unmapped REF_BillingProviderSecondaryInformation segment then all is working fine.

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 5:56 AM