none
Project Status History RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I need to keep project status history from first state end.
    We have one custom field for project status (In Progress , Delayed , On Hold etc).
    Some times the project status will be change beacuse of some techinical reasons. for example: In one stage the project staus will be "In progress" after some days it will be "Delay" or any other status. So we need to know the old status and the reasons to be change the status. Then project managers can show the history of the project status to their top management.How can implement this things ? Could you anyone please help.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Regards , Iqbalkmk

Thursday, November 6, 2014 7:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There are two options I can think of:

1. use the archive schema/database to get the previous values

2. build an event handler that will capture the changes and save them in a historical database

Hope this helps

Paul

Thursday, November 6, 2014 10:33 AM
  • Hi Paul,

How to build an event handler for achieving this ? could you please help me ..

• Edited by iqbalkmk Sunday, November 9, 2014 10:32 AM
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 9:26 AM
  • iqbalkmk,

I have a simpler solution. Use the Notes field. The Notes field exists to allow a user to make additional comments about a task, resource, or assignment. When there is a entry in the Notes field, a small icon will appear in the Info field, which is normally the first field shown in the Gantt Chart view. You will not be able to see the full text of the Notes when you hover your mouse over that icon, but you will see the first line of text. To see the full notes text go to Task/Properties group/Information icon. In the Task Information window, select the Notes tab to see (or enter) the full notes text.

Hope this helps.

John

Sunday, November 9, 2014 6:39 PM
  • Hi,

These may help you:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg982976(v=office.15).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/gg615466(v=office.14).aspx

You can try to capture the OnPublish event and save the changes to your own database/table/file etc.

Paul

Monday, November 10, 2014 10:07 AM