Deployment project, assembly reference RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I have a small issue:

I created a setup project.  I have two projects (which must be added to my setup project) : Client and Server. Each of these projects references CoreLib.dll. When I add Primary output for Server project (to ServerBin folder) the assembly file of CoreLib.dll is automatically created. Then, when I add Primary output for Client project (to ClientBin folder) the assemby file of CoreLib.dll is not being added (I suppose because this file was already added to Setup project with the Primary output for Server project).

By the way : In both projects (Server and Client) the reference property Copy Local for CoreLib.dll is set to True

Is there a way to automatically add referencing assemlies for projects to Setup project even if they have already been added with the primary output before. Maybe there's some kind of property or something else.

Thank you very much.

Waiting for your help.

Monday, March 28, 2011 2:14 PM

Answers

• Hi Maxim010485,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I think you can register your dll to the GAC(Global Assembly Cache). Than, create a InstallerClass and get the assemblies of your registered dlls before install, if you get them, you don't need to install them and if you can't get them, you should install them immediately.

This would be fine that you can add referencing assemlies automatically and update the newer program more easily.

Best Regards

Neddy Ren [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Neddy Ren Tuesday, April 5, 2011 2:47 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 6:46 AM