Creating "Linked to item with Edit Menu" for one of the Custom column created RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to make "Linked to item with Edit Menu" for one of the Custom column in the list.

Went Wrong:

- I used SP 2007 Designer and converted the list view to XSLT View and used Format as Hyperlink using Dispform.aspx. I was able to create the column as linkable column but "Name field" with Presence status lost its link and can see HTML coding up there when i changed from List view to XSLT view

- Also, I tried to create a calculated column wherein I used the formula - "http://xxx/dispform.aspx?ID="&ID. It works well either but user does not need like this. They want suppose ID column to appear as Link and when clicking on it , It should redirect to Dispform.aspx.

Please help me with your expert thoughts

Many thanks

Venkat

Venkatesan Nadimuthu

Friday, July 24, 2015 1:12 PM

All replies

• Hi Venkatesan,

This should work for you. Please check.

<td width="190px" valign="top" class="ms-formlabel">
                                                        <h3 class="ms-standardheader">
                                                            <nobr>YourID</nobr>
                                                        </h3>
                                                    </td>
                                                    <td width="300px" valign="top" class="ms-formbody">
                                                        <a target="blank" href="/sites/Lists/ListName/DisplayForm.aspx?ID={@YourID}">
                                                            <xsl:value-of select="translate(@YourID,',','')" />
                                                        </a>
                                                    </td>

Basically in Target - provide link to your display form with ID. Thanks.

Best Regards, Anuja

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:12 AM