none
Handling 'application/dime' content-Type in WCF RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a self hosted WCF service to handle HTTP GET,PUT and POST requests.

I will get an POST request into my service to start the action and I want to give response with 'Content-Type : application/dime' header and image file data.

Is there any way to manage DIME in WCF? Could I get any samples?

Any guidance would be great.

sujithsb

• Edited by sujith sb Thursday, May 29, 2014 1:06 PM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The DIME is a new specification for sending and receiving SOAP messages along with additional attachments, like binary files, XML fragments, and even other SOAP messages, using standard transport protocols like HTTP. DIME allows you to send attachments of various types along with your SOAP message, even when the attachments in question do not fit conveniently or efficiently into an XML format.
    But unfortunetely WCF does not support DIME. Maybe you can try to use WSE2.0 to continue to use DIME to communicate with the service:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163625.aspx

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, May 30, 2014 8:50 AM