none
Excel, XML and OleDB RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, rather large question...

I have an application that'll take in a bunch of data and export it to an Excel readable format. There also is a template file that states how the data should be saved.

My app has a form for modifying the template, which is centered around a DataGridView. The user selects a template file, it is accessed using OleDB, read into a DataTable which is bound to the DGV. The user can then edit the template in the DGV, and changes should be saved. This is my current sticking point.

I have been unable to get OleDB to save the file again, I kept getting errors about my UPDATE or INSERT INTO statements. So I took a look around and settled on this code. It exports the DataSet (or DataTable with some tweaking) to an XML file that Excel can read. The thing is, OleDB can't - so the user can't re-open the file he's just saved.

Could anyone offer any advice, either how to save the Excel file with OleDB or get OleDB to read the XML Excel file.

Thanks,
    Sean.
    Tuesday, August 14, 2007 2:45 PM

Answers

• What kind of error do you get when application calls UPDATE/INSERT? Could you post code here?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 10:31 PM