none
how to send previous stage of a project in project server 2013 workflow RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have taken three stages. First stage i have submitted fields it goes to second stage. Now on basis of condition if it fails the condition it should go to stage1.

Can it be possible. If it possible pleas guide me. I am using Project server designer 2013.

Thank You

Vinay

Thursday, July 10, 2014 10:50 AM

All replies

• Vinay,

What you are looking for is a State-Machine Workflow. In SharePoint 2013 Designer, the "Stages" model will allow you to do this. See my example below. However, if you workflow logic is overly complex,  Visual Studio might be a better tool to build the workflow.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Thursday, July 10, 2014 8:21 PM
  • Prasanna,

Thank you for replying. Could you send sample State Machine workflow. 

Once again Thank you for helping.

Thank You,

Vinay

Friday, July 11, 2014 5:00 AM
  • Hi Prasanna,

Tried the same logic, but didn't worked.

Basically the logic is looking for the No of clicks on the "Revise and Resubmit" Button: If No of clicks are <=2, workflow should move to stage1 else stage5.  Highlighted the same in the below screen shot.

Friday, July 11, 2014 10:08 AM
  • Daniel,

I am not sure how you are calculating the number of clicks. May be there is an issue there?

My example works with no issues in my demo tenant.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Monday, July 14, 2014 2:39 PM
  • Since PS 2013 is a sequential workflow, ideally it shouldn't allow to switch to previuos stages in the flow. But there are 2 alternatives, please check if it suits.

1) Switch back to the previous stage from settings/UI

2) http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/2012/05/27/change-workflow-stage-using-psi-wcf/

Thanks and Regards,

Shanila

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:24 AM
  • Hi, your suggestion "Switch back to the previous stage from settings/UI"

how is this done on the UI?

Thanks

Skhumba

Tuesday, July 5, 2016 12:13 PM