none
Kinect v2 Relative Cursor Location RRS feed

• Question

• I am migrating a completed Kinect 1.8 project to the Kinect 2.0 SDK. In this program I have a WPF front end, but 99% of the code is written in SharpDX for C#. The program hides the KinectRegions cursor and uses the cursor location and grip data as the input to the SharpDX code. With this new version of the Kinect SDK however, I can't find any way to get the relative cursor data (hand position relative to the user). I tried using skeleton data to extrapolate the cursor location, just a simple primary shoulder location - primary hand location. This has the issue of when the hand occludes the shoulder, the cursor would shoot around. If I switch shoulders by reflecting across the spine when the occlusion occurs, I get a momentary jump. I can think of a way to get this to work but it will take quite a bit of code. I want to make sure there is no other way before I dive into that. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Saturday, April 18, 2015 1:12 PM

All replies

• Have a look at the Controls Basics samples, especially the DX version. This provides a more generic way of tapping into the KinectPointerPoint data that is better suited for applications that do not use XAML controls.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 5:26 PM