none
synchronization of depth and video frame RRS feed

• Question

• I'd like to store a couple of depth and video frames in two different buffers, depthBuffer[600], rgbBuffer[600].

What I have done now is based on the SkeletalViewer project provided by the SDK.

In the following two methods, the depth and rgb frame are stored.

void CSkeletalViewerApp::Nui_GotDepthAlert( )

void CSkeletalViewerApp::Nui_GotVideoAlert( )<br/>

Question 1 : does the data in the two buffers synchronize? Can I match up the frame number of depth frame and rgb frame?

Through checking the previous thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/kinectsdk/thread/623aa311-8626-42b8-ac4f-d06ee679bd76, it seems that the answer of question 1 is negative. So another question:

Question 2 : is there a way to get the synchronization data? Actually, in the above thread, Eddy provided a way: "In the meantime, if frame synchronization is really essential for you, you could look into using SkeletonEngine.GetNextFrame and ImageStream.GetNextFrame methods in a polling loop (maybe on a timer) from a thread you control, such as your main UI thread.

Can anyone explain what's a polling loop? Does it relate to the polling model, which is contrast to Event model, in the programming guide?

Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:39 PM

Answers

• About your question 1, the answer is negative as you inferred.

About question 2, yes, I was referring to the polling model in contrast to the event model, described in programming guide.

Eddy

I'm here to help
    Tuesday, July 26, 2011 10:42 PM

All replies