none
.NET 4.0.30319, won't run on Windows XP Pro SP3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an installation of .NET Framework 4.0.30319 on a Windows XP Pro SP3 computer.  I have run the .NET setup verification utility and it tell me that the verification failed (log below).  I then ran the .NET fix up utility, rebooted, and still the .NET verification utility fails (as well as the Garmin application I'm trying to run that utilizes .NET).

I have downloaded .NET 4 again from here http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851 and reinstalled.  Same issues.

I saw where there's a utility to gather up all the logs into a cab file, which I have done, but I don't see where I can attach it here.

I have also run sfc /scannow to ensure that all Windows files are in their original state.

Not sure what else to try.  Thank you for your help!

Tried to post the verification log but it was too many characters.  The bottom of the verification log contained the following line:

****ERROR**** Process 'Netfx40TestApplication.exe' exited with return code -2146232576

Designware_

Sunday, March 17, 2013 7:29 PM

Answers

• "I saw where there's a utility to gather up all the logs into a cab file, which I have done, but I don't see where I can attach it here."

You have to upload the vslogs.cab file produced by Collect.exe to a public site, like Sky Drive, then post the download link here.

When you install .NET 4.0, does the install end with no errors? If that is the case, but verification then fails, that is symptomatic of OS corruption which may require an OS reinstall.

Sunday, March 17, 2013 11:46 PM