Get PowerPivot to detect new view column RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using PowerPivot I created a connection to a view on a SQL Server database. All fields imported correctly.A column has since been added to the view. How do I get this to appear in my PowerPivot?

Cheers

Paul

Monday, August 24, 2015 8:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

its in Design -> Table Properties

• Marked as answer by runnerpaul Monday, August 24, 2015 10:02 AM
    Monday, August 24, 2015 8:33 AM
  • Hi Paul,

According to your description, you created a PowerPivot data model which connected to a view in SQL Server database, now you add one more column to that view, you need to display this column on you PowerPivot data model, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, we can add to by using Table Properties. Add to Steelleg4's reply, after click Table Properties, we can select column from the source table which you can see on the screenshot below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 24, 2015 9:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

its in Design -> Table Properties

Monday, August 24, 2015 8:33 AM
  • Hi Paul,

According to your description, you created a PowerPivot data model which connected to a view in SQL Server database, now you add one more column to that view, you need to display this column on you PowerPivot data model, right?

I have tested it on my local environment, we can add to by using Table Properties. Add to Steelleg4's reply, after click Table Properties, we can select column from the source table which you can see on the screenshot below.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 24, 2015 9:18 AM