none
Add image in to Ribbon group RRS feed

• Question

• How I can add some image in to Ribbon group (not a button, or some other element)?

There is properties

getImage
    of 
    <group>

tag, but it doesn't works. Function 'getimage' is called in my code, but when I am returning some image there nothing is displayed.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016 8:25 AM

Answers

• visit this link - Converting between IPictureDisp and System.Drawing.Image i'm also reading it in order to use the COM IPictureDisp interface in managed code.

Forgot to mention that as far as i know we can't set an image for a group element (i actually tried and nothing displayed).

• Edited by KAREEM SULTHAN Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:00 PM
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 31, 2016 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:37 AM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:19 AM
  • >>>How I can add some image in to Ribbon group (not a button, or some other element)?

According to your description, I have made a sample and reproduced this issue, there is no way to add image into Ribbon group.

If you compare RibbonGroup and RibbonButton control, you are able to find that RibbonButton has Image property but RibbonGroup has not this property.

For more information, click here to refer about Microsoft.Office.Tools.Ribbon Namespace

• Edited by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:28 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:20 AM

All replies

• visit this link - Converting between IPictureDisp and System.Drawing.Image i'm also reading it in order to use the COM IPictureDisp interface in managed code.

Forgot to mention that as far as i know we can't set an image for a group element (i actually tried and nothing displayed).

• Edited by KAREEM SULTHAN Tuesday, August 23, 2016 12:00 PM
    Tuesday, August 23, 2016 11:19 AM
  • >>>How I can add some image in to Ribbon group (not a button, or some other element)?

According to your description, I have made a sample and reproduced this issue, there is no way to add image into Ribbon group.

If you compare RibbonGroup and RibbonButton control, you are able to find that RibbonButton has Image property but RibbonGroup has not this property.

For more information, click here to refer about Microsoft.Office.Tools.Ribbon Namespace

• Edited by David_JunFeng Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:28 AM
    Wednesday, August 24, 2016 3:20 AM