none
Why did csc.exe stop working? RRS feed

• Question

• Why did csc.exe stop working on all of my computers?  Windows 10 and even an old Windows 7 computer?  Indicating that it will not compile C#5 (which there is is no such thing on my computer and .Net 5).  Thank you Microsoft for ruining all of my compile scripts at once.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 4:10 AM

Answers

• Hi Ted,

Thank you for your post.

There is an application called BitMeter that is known to cause this error.  The fix is to uninstall it and contact the Developers for support if you wish to continue using it.

If this software is not installed on your machine, try clean booting (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/, Step 1: Perform a clean boot).  Does the error still occur?  If not, try the troubleshooting steps to identify the software causing the problem.   Make sure you don't download anything or surf to dodgy sites while you are running in this state because your antivirus will be disabled.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 9:37 AM